Baitcasting is a popular way among anglers to catch fish. Even with its growing popularity, many people still don’t know how to cast a baitcaster properly, especially beginner anglers.
In this article, we’ll explain in depth about casting a baitcaster; hopefully, you will stay with us till the end.
How To Cast A Baitcaster
Let learn step by step how to a baitcaster.
- First, take the baitcaster; if it’s more than 6ft and medium-heavy, the reaction speed will be faster with a medium-heavy rod, and it’s suitable for spinnerbait, buzzbait.
- Now that you have your baitcaster, turn to your tension knob press the thumb button to start the free spool. Do it until the lure falls to the ground. It’s the first adjustment you need to make, and it’s a significant one that makes sure to do precisely what we have told.
- Another thing you should do as a beginner to keep your magnetic brake at nine and lighten the tension knob so you can have a smooth cast.
- Now that adjustments are made, position yourself. Hold your baitcaster in a side and cast the bait.
- While casting, remember to use only the wrist. Please give it a little spin and cast the baitcaster; remove your hand before you cast so the line could go far.
- Put your finger in the line or the button again before the lure hits the water. If you don’t, it will become a net nest.
There are a lot of ways you can cast a baitcaster. This one is just one of many ways you can cast a baitcaster.
Baitcasting is a fun way to catch fishes so, If you want to have a delightful fishing experience, you have to tune the baitcaster.
If you are interested, checkout out another article on the best baitcaster combos.
My name is Papon Ahamed. I’m a hunting enthusiast, digital marketer and have a bachelors degree in finance. As CEO of outdoor topic reviews, I get to do what I love: reviewing products and writing about my adventures!
I am not even married – but friends say that doesn’t matter because they know how lucky I will be when the right person comes along!